Wednesday, February 07, 2007

10 Weeks (*UPDATED! NOW WITH PICTURES!)















Here are 10-week pictures for your enjoyment... but wait, you say, how can these two pictures be of the same person on the same day (taken 1 minute apart)?!? Secret: in the picture on the left I was standing up as straight as possible and holding my breath. ;-) Too bad I can't walk around like that. (Thanks to Mike for the photography.)

[Random Aspects of the] State of the Nebiverse:
Weight: 141.6
Morning Sickness Alert Level: Yellow (Have I explained this to you before? There's a Morning Sickness Alert System on the Chalkboard in my office; Red= "Watch Out!", Orange= "It could happen!", Yellow= "Not TOO bad...", Green= "Barely noticeable," and Blue="I feel great!".) Some have pointed out that green should represent a state of active vomiting, but I picked the colors to match the National Terror Alert system (at least I think I did... how many colors does that have...?)

Dinner last night: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream with Magic Shell and a BANANA (w00t! an Authentic Plant Food™!!)

Frustration of the Day: Second pretnatal appointment scheduled for today at 2:00 has been cancelled because the nurse I was going to meet with is out sick. Of course she can't help being sick, but I cancelled today's office hours and rescheduled them for tomorrow because of this appointment, and I shouldn't un-cancel the office hours at the last minute like this... so I'll have to come into school tomorrow just for the office hours... grrr!

Coffee: Yes, please.

Logic Homework: Still working on it! Really! I'll be done... "soon"......

Thinking about: Pregnancy seems to go both really fast and really slow at the same time. In three weeks I'll be done with the first trimester- Wow!!- but on the other hand, it seems like it's taking FOREVER for me to look pregnant. Maybe this is why the wise people wait until later to break the news: it's awkward going for two months or something with everyone you work with knowing you're pregnant, but you really not LOOKING pregnant. *sigh* I'm sure when I'm big in the last trimester I'll remember these days of superior mobility fondly, though, so I should appreciate each stage as it comes along, right?

Hmmm, that's all I've got for now. I should go back to work, anyway. Picture to appear later today or tomorrow (if Nate's officemate Mike is kind enough to help us all out with that again...)

Love to all! Kisses!
Neb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look smaller than in the earlier pics, but maybe that's just the pants...

Neb said...

I think the earlier pictures were AFTER dinner. These were before. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am totally in favor of a fixed motion capture type system for time precise lapse comparison. Apparently, however, there is some psycho/emotional reason for this exercise, not a truly quantitative one. Not like I would make such a thing anyway. Theoretical physicists don't measure things, they tell everyone else to measure things.

Your colors match the terror alert system, but I think that the bottom two colors are backwards.