Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fixed Already?!?

Well, the Verizon Customer Service Robot (yes, a literal robot*- not outsourced overly polite person around the world) promised our problem would be fixed by Monday, 6 pm- but here I am online already!! We had a good dial tone this morning, so perhaps they came late yesterday afternoon or something. Or maybe this is just a fluke, and it will die again, but I will enjoy a little online time while it lasts...

*I know, I know, it probably wasn't actually a robot, more of a computer. Let me have my fun imagining an R2-D2 like creature happily coaching me to repeat phrases like "there's a problem with that" or "that'll be fine." Such images bring a certain degree of levity to an otherwise dull and tedious situation.

We are moving to State College, PA at the end of June (?) because Nate accepted a postdoc job at Penn State. Yay!!!!! A job!! It's been a long search. I am very Pleased. Time to look for housing: Wish list:

*Two bedrooms, Living room, dining room, kitchen, 1 bathroom, ample closet space
*Balcony or patio or deck of some kind
*Dishwasher, gas stove
*Air conditioning
*Ideally, no more than $800/month, including heat

If anyone enjoys searching for such things and finds The Perfect Rental for us, let me know.

Happy Saturday!
Love, Neb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neb!

Congratulations (to nate i suppose... tell him i say hi)... i hope you have a good move, i'm moving too.. to Manila for a year. I miss seeing you guys every summer... Glad things are going well!