Tuesday, June 17, 2008

High on Caffeine and Gas Prices and Finitely Generated Sentimentality and Melodrama

Greetings, loyal Nebiverse fans!!

This morning I got a "medium" Hazelnut iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts, and it is MAKING ME SLIGHTLY "ALERT"/HYPER/JITTERY/did I mention HYPER. (!!) I went to visit my good friends/ex-coworkers (those are more or less the same people) at LCCC, and stopped at DD on the way there to bring in a dozen 11 donuts as a thank-you for all the sugary carbohydrates I consumed there over the years. The egg breakfast sandwich was only 99 cents with a medium coffee; otherwise I would have gotten a small. And it was so COLD and HAZELNUTTY and DELICIOUS (and, apparently, full of caffeine or crack cocaine or meth or something. Whee! AAuugghh.)

It is hard to say goodbye to the Lehigh Valley. We are moving to State College, PA in less than two weeks (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS OH GOOD GRACIOUS SHOULD I BE PACKING? Hmmm...) and I am systematically (?) trying to Say Goodbye to all the friends we have made in this place. This morning I saw Ed and Stacey and Michelle, but not Jason or Fred or Lisa or Sukaina. I said goodbye to the Pond of Tranquility at LCCC. Here are some pictures from the mountaintop parking lot:


Pictures can't let you breathe in the air, though.

I took a detour coming home and got a little lost for awhile, drove through the fields and country homes with big yards. I will miss those drives.

Time to go outside for awhile and enjoy the cool summer air.

Love,
Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy Elizabeth!

I stumbled upon your blog this morning as I was searching for your contact info to pass along to a student who needs a tutor.

OMG! Madelaine is already so big (and CUTE!)and you and Nate have so many awesome things happening! I can't believe you're moving across the state. :-(

When you get settled, e-mail me at llewis@muhlenberg@edu. I'm glad I found your site; it will be a great way to keep up with what's going on with you!

Take care!
Lisa