Yo, my people!! What is UP??? (I'm on my second cup of coffee. Hopefully that excuses that little outburstive greeting by my inner want-to-be-cool* 13 year old, who last spoke out in 1993.)
So I'm really liking this "goals" thing I started in the last post. Time to reorder it, expand the list, shrink the descriptions, and put it in a big bold font so I can look at it later. Also post it on my wall somewhere, I think.
In 2010, I hope to...
1) Have a regular Bible reading and prayer habit (in whatever way God leads me to do so.)
2) Teach Madelaine (and eventually Charlotte) about the Bible.
3) Limit the girls' TV time to 1 hr/day (plus evenings)/ plan a few activities each week, as needed.
4) Walk about 3 hours a week (treadmill or outdoors).
5) Read 25 books (make a list on Goodreads?)
6) Get some photos of my kids printed! and organized in albums.
7) Write in this blog at least once a week (that sounds more doable than every day, right?)
8) Go on a date with my husband at least twice a month.
9) Get a better system for storing recipes, planning meals, and sticking to a grocery budget.
10) Hmmm... need some kind of financial goal here. Would love to say "finish paying off student loan" but that's a WAY long shot (unless Nate ends up with a really high paying job for the second half of 2010.) How about, pay at least $300 on student loan each month, Jan- June? That's $1800, not bad. [This might get revised after I talk to Nate.]
There you have it! There's my list! I am super jazzed about this. And in closing, I will note that these 10 things are suggested because they are, very specifically, things that I am NOT doing now that I constantly am thinking that I WISH I were doing. There are a lot of other things going on in my life now that are not goals because I'm already doing them- church involvement, a ministry opportunity, [some] keeping in touch with faraway friends and family, math tutoring, some basic homemaking activities (cleaning, groceries, cooking, paying bills, laundry), and some activities with the girls (library, song time, playground, occasional playdates). I'm listing those things as a reminder to myself that even though I feel like I waste a lot of time, there ARE things that I accomplish each day, even if they tend to fall into the category of "urgent- not important." It's that "important- not urgent" category I've got to work on (don't we all?) which is what the above list is all about.
So what are YOUR goals for 2010?
Love you all!
*The correct [popularly, not grammatically, that is] term for this is "wannabe"? At least in 1993, it was.