Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Small curly noodles are comforting when you're tired...

In fact, all the time.

I have soup for lunch today. With curly noodles. Because I slept three hours last night. That's THREE HOURS, friends. From 12:30-3:30. Because (?) I drank four ounces of coffee around 10:30? So I could stay up for a little while and study? Yes. I did. Good study time right there, made it through half of chapter four. Couldn't prove k v=O ---> k=0 or v=0 using the axioms. Went to bed and thought about race relations at Wheaton and OMA chapels. Fell asleep (probably by 12:30 or so.) All is well and good.

Nate went to bed at 3:30. Waking me up. Oops, was that a fragment? That last sentence should be in parentheses. So should this one. Oh well. () That was too late, wasn't it? Anyway. So while I was tossing and turning, awake, I thought for a long time about dying a long and melodramatic death of (fill in the blank). ______ I feel brave admitting that I fantasize about dying melodramatic deaths. Other people fantasize about that too, right? Like, when I read Anne of Green Gables, she fantasized about dying of dropsy or pleurisy or some such Victorian ailment, and that was comforting- you know, like the Curly Noodles- 'cause then I knew I wasn't the Only One. Anyway. So after awhile I was like, hello? Sleep? Don't normal people just go back to SLEEP when they wake up in the middle of the night? So I tried to be productive and work on the proof mentioned above. Got nowhere with it. Finally, it was getting light outside, so around 5:30 I Got Up.

Ate a banana. Read a chapter of Psalms. Killed time on the internet until around 7:15. Figure, I'll give it one more chance... have to get up at 8:45 anyway but another hour and a half of sleep wouldn't hurt...

I doze a tiny bit. Have a brief (5 minutes? Cause I looked at my watch before and after) dream about calculus books... everywhere. At some point, finish the Proof. Proof by contradiction. Assume k DNE 0 and u DNE 0. Then we know that k has a multiplicative inverse because it's part of a field, so multiply both sides of equation by 1/k and you get u = 0, which is a contradiction. QED.

And of course, I fell back asleep right when it was time to get up and go to work.

PS My verb tenses aren't consistent, are they? That sucks. :-(