Wednesday, January 17, 2007

7 Weeks (and the Last First Day of School)

Weight: 143.4 (Note: I am only supposed to gain 2-5 lbs by the end of the first trimester, which is Feb. 28th. Around Jan. 1st I weighed 141.0. That means I should weigh 143-146 by Feb. 28th. Apparently gaining weight is one of the few things in life that I don't procrastinate.)

Physical State: Wow! I have a strong gag reflex! Sometimes I almost throw up. But not quite. Still, I crave foods. Like McDonald's cheeseburgers (haven't gotten one yet). And pasta. But if I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, Bad Things happen. If I am very careful about what I eat, digestion goes better. Sometimes I am too queasy to drink coffee. :-(

Emotional State: I am happy! Euphoric! Optimistic! Ecstatic! I love school! I love studying! I can be happy studying every waking moment! Oh yes, yes I can! I love the baby! Babycenter says [s]he is now the size of a raspberry, or 1/2 inch. That's so big, isn't it? I mean, compared to the sesame seed status of a couple of weeks ago.

Monday was, I suppose, my last first day of school. I wanted to take a picture to show you my pretty new outfit and my pretty, pretty haircut and the fact that I am still Hott [sic] (just for you, Laura!) but alas, our camera lacks digitaliness (that's like truthiness I think). So there is no picture. But, even though I haven't purchased a new 3-ring binder yet, there is an Inspirational Page in the front of my [temporary, too-small] binder- it is the lengthy CS Lewis quote from "The Weight of Glory" that appeared in my blog last... August? September? So this is a good way to celebrate the beginning of the semester. Last semester I thought all the time, I need quotes! I need poetry! I need Something! But I was too busy and overwhelmed and frustrated with the TA situation to do it. So that binder, now filled, permanently has a blank cover.

This semester's binder cover is filled with Beauty. :-)

I have to go to class so I'll cut this short- the other thing I wanted to tell you was that at church Sunday night, I felt God telling me that He wants me to dedicate this semester to Him. I don't entirely know what that means yet.

Love, Nancy Elizabeth

1 comment:

Mr Martin said...

Have you dedicated it yet? There is something significant about a dedication. Gathering 2 or 3 close friends to audibly voice your desire to honor the Lord in whatever it specifically is. We dedicated our car, house and children.
I don't care for raspberries (I didn't know this word has a 'p' in it) but unborn babies are beautiful miracles. Have you seen any photos of them in their first 20 weeks?