Friday, March 02, 2007

13 Weeks (and 2 days) (The Beginning of the Second Trimester?!?) :-) (in which I seem to parenthesize a lot)


Well, folks, here we are- the long awaited Second Trimester!*

(*Babycenter.com is telling me that the second trimester begins in Week 14. What do they know?? Now that I'm 13 weeks [and two days], I've *completed* approximately 1/3 of the gestational period, yes? Thus I am second trimester.

Oh help. That SO sounded like a proof. I am a geek.)

That attractive man next to me is the one responsible for my current condition (I know, I know! Isn't he dishy? Eat your hearts out, Internets, he's all mine.) (Actually, does anyone read this other than people that know me [and Nate] personnally? Hello family, Bethany, Chris and Jordana, Peter, maybe Kerri, Paul and Sara... anyone else reading? Say hello if so.)

I now weigh 141.4 lbs. This is what my stomach looks like:



Okay okay, this is what my stomach REALLY looks like (note this was right after dinner):


Also, because I am Weird, I wanted Mike to take a picture of my hand:


This is my hand, and that is my Cool Thumb Ring. The thumb ring MAKES me cool. Last week I was playing with the thumb ring while doing homework (I do this a lot) and dropped it (I thought) into the bowels of our recliner; mild panic ensued. You see, I bought the ring right before I started this graduate program, and I will say it has been a Sustaining and Comforting Presence (not that I worship it or anything! you know what I mean!), so losing it now would be very disconcerting. I found it eventually in the pocket of my oversized navy blue velvet shirt. *sigh of relief*.

Okay, yeah, well, what else would you like to know? I haven't worn my contacts in about 5 days because I'm out of conditioner and I haven't gone to get more yet. The morning sickness has definitely improved- I have stopped taking the B6 tablets twice a day because there isn't an urgent need to- although there are still intermittant moments of gagginess. Other things happening nowishly: our credit card number was stolen so we're filing paperwork, etc. I filed my petition for degree (on the deadline!!!) Prof. Stanley told me he's giving me an A in Logic which makes those weeks of torture seem worthwhile (sort of...). We went on a retreat with our youth group last weekend that was really cool- collected canned goods for a food bank. On March 24th I'm going to NYC with my officemate Karen- graduate student bus trip- YAY! Hoping to visit art museum(s) and eat Authentic New York Food (suggestions welcome.) Spring Break is next week! YAY!!!!!!!!!
Spring Break To-Do List:
*Get oil changed in car (been putting this off since Jan. Augghh!!)
*Taxes (always lots of fun. Although we *might* actually get a refund this year! There's hope!)
*Catch up on sleep
*Shop for maternity clothes(?)
*Nate's birthday present
*Catch up on reading textbooks and taking notes
*OB appointment (the one with All The Tests... yay...)
*Email insurance to ask about which tests are covered
(Sorry, were you guys all expecting "beach party in Malibu, skydiving, trip to Paris..."? Yeah, my life is not so flashy.)
Okay I think there were more things I was going to say but I really should go get other things done (like pay bills.)
Love you all!
Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neb, I read too! Yeah, I think our Spring Break will be composed of Bethany working as usual, and me working as usual, just without class to teach, giving me more time to work on my thesis! I'm a geek too.

-- Eric