Friday, March 09, 2007

14 Weeks (and 2 days)

Hello! Yes! I am late with this post. I am on Spring Break. I like the Spring Break lifestyle. I could totally stay in school for a long time if it involved collecting a paycheck while perpetually being on Spring Break.

Yesterday morning I weighed 141.8. My pants all still fit. But I am shopping for maternity clothes, to Prepare for the Future.

Monday I had my third pretnatal visit and I FINALLY met my OB (not that he was in any way involved in the visit- the nurses and the perky "Physician's Assistant" lady actually did all the things supposed to be done)- but at least he stopped in to say "hi" at the end. I'm starting to realize he's just kind of a figurehead, like the queen of England, especially because the chances are low that he's actually going to deliver my baby (we might move, and, even if we don't, he said he has "lots" of babies due around Labor Day, which means he'll be off deliving someone else.) He's just there so if someone says, "who's your obstetrician?" I have an answer.

April 20th we are having the 20-week ultrasound that will hopefully reveal our baby's gender. Yay! :-)

Okay that's about all for now, but as promised, some more maternity clothes wish list details: I went through my closet and decided I have at most 2 skirts that might fit most of the way through pregnancy... several loose dresses that will probably work. So the list is now:

*Several short-sleeved shirts
*A few skirts (maybe basic black, denim, khaki, and a pretty floral...)
*Maybe one or two dresses
*Some pants: shorts? capris? (still not sure how I feel about capris) jeans? It's going to be warm weather by the time I'm big enough to need this stuff so I'm thinking maybe I'll stick mainly with dresses and skirts...?

I should wait to shop until I actually start to need stuff, right?

Love, Neb

1 comment:

judy said...

Yes, you should wait. After all, you don't know what type of weather we will have. A cold spring, or hot and 99 the first weekend of May (don't laugh it's been that way several times when I went to the Md sheep and wool fest.) Wait and see unless of course you get a great deal or just love something to death.
Judy
PS> Coming to you via the New Computer! 1 GB RAM 100GB HD