Monday, October 29, 2007

You've MISSED me, haven't you? I know you have!!

Greetings, internet friends!

Contrary to what you all may have guessed and feared, I did NOT die of The Sickness I suffered a few weeks ago. [If I were going to be really dreadfully honest with you all, I would confess that The Sickness lasted only 48 hours or so, meaning it probably wasn't The Influenza, after all. Why, WHY are all my hopes of melodramatic glory always dashed so...? Sigh...] [What, you think I'm weird? Come on, now, admit it- didn't any of you guys daydream about "swooning from consumption" or some such nonsense when you were a kid? cf Anne Shirley...]

ANYway, since that time I started a couple of entries that I never finished- one about Perelandra, and one about the entry about Perelandra- but in some ways I haven't had that much to write about. These are peaceful, happy days, blissful days of baby adoration and domesticity. I do a lot of little things every day that need to get done, but that aren't really blogworthy- like reorganizing the baby's clothes (again! much to Nate's confusion), finding car insurance for our new car, trying to make sense of all the statements from my insurance company about our hospital bills, etc. I'm reading That Hideous Strength, and trying to figure out how to have more in-depth Bible studies.

And having teased you with that morsel of insight into my life, without further ado, here is what you have REALLY missed... the baby pictures!!


Madelaine is increasingly interested in playing with toys (in the still fairly short stretches of time between eating and sleeping), and Nate is great at playing with her and letting her reach for things.


Okay, lots more to post, but baby is crying so must go to bed with her...

Part II tomorrow maybe?

Love, Neb

No comments: