Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Name that Problem...

*Lack of interest in what once would have been interesting
*Difficulty concentrating
*Slowed thought processes, decreased activity
*Desire to sleep all the time
*Decreased desire for sex

Oh, that's interesting. This was going to be a post about "See, I'm getting depressed again," but now that I look at my Problems in the cold hard light of the posting box, I note what's missing: feelings of hopelessness, self-hatred, desires to die. Those aren't there!

All the symptoms that are there are just Thyroid symptoms. Very interesting.

Peter says I should try to write about something other than my gout, rickets, dementia, and scurvy (oh, yeah, and my hypochondria). And I know that. I know I should be writing engaging, rise-above-the-rest prose. That's the whole reason I started a blog [I guess]. To write Nice Things. They just aren't presenting themselves much yet. See "loss of interest in the rest of the world" above.

Are we off to a bad start? I don't know and I don't really care.

Neb

PS It's not as bad as all that, really. I'm going to the grocery store.

No comments: