Saturday, December 17, 2005

And now for something Completely Different... *UPDATED!* Now with picture


I just thought y'all should all know:

1. The proper name of our bed is The Big Bed.
2. Sometimes I refer to Private University as "The Big School." (As in, "Wake up, honey! It's time to go to The Big School!")
3. Nate's right foot's proper name is "Gimpy."
4. His left foot? "Gimpy's Brother" or just "Brother."
5. Gimpy loves to be petted. Brother? Not so much. To the point that I appointed myself as Brother's social worker. I encourage him to "take his medication" and attend "group therapy." All to no avail.
6. Our sofa was named Abigail Marie when purchased. I found her listed in a Yahoo classified ad in Dec. 1999. I was a senior at Wheaton. The math department secretary and her husband very kindly drove me Very Far to some random smoking lady's house, where I purchased her for $50. She is a queen sleeper sofa. Sleeper sofas don't go upstairs or in elevators well. She did not fit in my dorm room door until we cut off one of her legs. Her entrance was so natalistic that I put up a sign on my dorm room door the next day that said something like, "Abigail Marie, born at 9:57 pm, 320 lbs, 11 oz., 7 ft. long."
7. We had to cut off another leg to get her into the door of my first apartment in Wheaton.
8. This is the third apartment she's lived in. Most people hate her and a few love her. I like her because it's more comfortable to sleep on her than in The Big Bed!

I'm done now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You left out Caffeina Starbucks, who no doubt needs a bath. It's been at least a year since she was washed.

Anonymous said...

I want names for my feet. Oh wait, there's Left Ski and Right Ski. Sounds Polish.

I miss my sleeper sofa. Perfect for napping. However, if it did last until I moved to Illinois, there's no way Bethy would have let me keep it until now. If you saw it, you'd understand. It's name was the Couch of Prophecy.