Thursday, March 02, 2006

Better :-)

Thanks to all of y'all for your loving comments on my last post. :-D They did indeed make me feel better. I know everyone struggles with "doing it all" on some level or another- I'm not alone. The weird thing is, you meet different people who have different parts of their act together and then feel deficient in those areas, while losing sight of the Big Picture in life. For example, some people have clean houses (like my friend Judy), but other things are missing in their life (like mathematics.) (If Judy's reading this, she's cracking up at the thought that mathematics is "missing" from her life. :-D I don't think she misses it much.) The point is, 1) no one really has it all together, and 2) (much more importantly) we're not supposed to be comparing ourselves to others anyway. (That's much harder for me to put into practice than it is to say.) God wants us to do the things He is calling us to do individually, and our callings are all different. He gave us 24 hours in a day and bodies that need rest for a reason.

Anyway, this morning I took my combinatorics test, and I am WAY relieved that it's over. I believe I did allright- not spectacular, but well enough, which is all I was really hoping for. Today is a day of "wintry mix," which is a delightful-sounding phrase that is actually rather dreary and icy and dangerous; so last night I was much afraid that there would be a repeat of the Great Algebra Final Exam Weather\Car\Test Problem Extraveganza of Fall 2005, but God, in His mercy, made the storm delay a bit so that I could go in and take my exam and get home before it got really bad. Spring break starts Monday. :-D

I was thinking in the car on the way home how greatful I am for all the miracles God has done in my life this year. Before I started back to school, my life was generally less stressful and I felt that I had more time open to spend with God. I was more relaxed, and because my thought life was not devoted to mathematics for so much of every day, I had more time to dwell on God and look for ways to grow spiritually. Now it just seems that my mind is occupied so much with the work that I do, and it makes me sad because honestly I can't say that this stage of my life is a time of feeling the passion and closeness I've had at times in the past. But on the other hand, since I've started school, there have been so many things that have happened that are nothing other than Miracles, and those are things that I pray about and thank God for, even though my mind isn't as totally focused on Him as I'd like it to be. Every time I pass a test, or make it through another week, or sometimes just make it through another problem, I think that God has worked a miracle. Over and over again things go so much better than I expect them to- and He alone is to thank for it.


God is good when you're just hanging out in your little cabin on the prairie, and good when you start climbing mountains.

Neb

No comments: