Sunday, April 02, 2006

the pity post

I feel bad for all of you out there who might check this blog far more frequently than it's updated. So though I really don't have much to write about, here's a little mini post to keep your eyes from falling out of your head with disappointment.

There are four more weeks of school and then finals, and I really can't wait for the end. I feel a bit like a marathon runner hitting "the wall" around mile 23, when you feel that you just can't go on. (Disclaimer: school is much, much easier than running a marathon, at least for me. But it is a bit like running a marathon with your head. My head is about 100x as fit as my body, and that situation will probablly never change.)

Tomorrow morning I am going back to the eye doctor and I have decided I would like soft contacts. My trial pair this week has been quite comfortable, and I like that you don't really have to worry about cleaning them at night (you just take them out and soak them). My one concern is that things still seem blurry sometimes, in an odd way- is my perscription right? Do I have astigmatism? I don't know, but I hope the nice otometrical type person can figure it out.

I'm going to go make tea (French Vanilla, for those of you keeping track at home of The Great Tea Experiment 2006) and study for my test now.

Love, Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, when I first switch from hard contacts to soft contacts I was blurry visioned for a while. Actually I was always blurry visioned with the soft contacts. I guess that, along with the price factor, is the reason why I dumped contacts completely and went back to glasses.