Thursday, April 26, 2007

21 Weeks- Maternity Shirt Edition



Okay hang on, I need to go make coffee in order to come up with anything to say here...

Alright, ahem! Yes! Hi there! I have been dozing in bed most of today. It is gray and cloudy and cold, and I wish that it were Warm and Sunny and Breezy so I could sit outside on the balcony. Also the apartment is all out-of-sorts (that means it wants straightened, as the Pennsylvanians would say), and I have this vague idea that I am meant to be studying Galois theory at the moment... but it seems like a rather overwhelming task. So instead, I am kind of Vegitating here on the intertubes (that's what my friend Ken from school calls the Internet.)

I weigh 145.0 lbs. Madelaine (we're having a girl [!!:-)!!!], in case you didn't pick that up from context clues) is almost 11 inches long and weighs about 12 ounces (actually, that was a week ago, and she's growing very quickly now so I bet she's a foot! or a pound! or both! maybe not quite...) Getting kicked is fun. Braxton-Hicks contractions are a little weird. That's about all there is to report along those lines, at the moment.

Anyone have any middle name suggestions that are compound words including "Mae"? Like "Avamae" or something? The guiding principle is that it can't sound too hillbillyish, like "Bessie Mae." So far, the worst middle name suggestion we have been given has been "Bob." Yes, someone suggested "Madelaine Bob."

Tomorrow is [assumably] my last Last Day of School, ever. Still have finals week, though. Yesterday I spent $77 for a cap and gown, so I guess this is it: I'm really Graduating. :-)

Love, Neb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Madelaine is beautiful already!

Annamae might be pretty.

Anonymous said...

Bob wasn't given to us-- that was me.

While you're pondering if the baby is a foot, or even a pound, you could also ponder kicking torque in foot-pounds :)

Anonymous said...

Annamae is pretty but everyone will assume her parents are fans of anime.

What about Maebeth? Err, nevermind, it looks too much like "MacBeth".

~Vivian