Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hello...? Are these my hands...?

My child! With the not sleeping. Two nights. The fatigue! The crying! Coffee?

The new layout! Satellite! Is not spelled correctly. Sattelite? Sattellite? The Nebiverse and Her Little Satelite Revolving Celestial Body. Better! Planets graphic under banner? Won't stretch out properly! Blogger is Stupid.


Pediatrician today! Vaccinations! 5 of them. Ouch!
Donuts! Main carbohydrate of the postpartum lactating Nebiverse! SIGNIFICANT LACK OF NUTRITION!! Some have maize, some have cassava, some have rice, some have Wonder Bread. I have Donuts! Also? Coffee.

Child now Dozing on lap. Sleep when baby sleeps! But attempts to transition to sofa result in the waking. The Crying! Give it up. No hope. Sleep again when 45. Remember: not as bad as Real Analysis.
Goals for Someday Postpartum Life: buy a breadmaker and bake tasty homemade breads. Read everything CS Lewis ever wrote. Make a Christmas quilt for Vivian. Catch up putting photos in albums, ordering prints from digital. Grow some plants on the balcony and remember to water them. Write a long blog entry about the places I've lived. Write another letter to Madelaine. Write my Story.
Start over in the statistics book. Study some game theory and economics. Redo real analysis.
Give Shakespeare another chance. Start an exercise program and stick with it. Learn Greek.
Practice playing piano again. Review French and Spanish. Read books about art. Find out what made Jackson Pollack tick. Study Falling Water and look for insight.


Goals for Today's Postpartum Life: Put in my contacts. Brush my teeth. Wear something besides a nightgown. Eat something besides a donut. Be patient with my baby. Cherish every moment. Remember that they go by way too fast. Someday, I will sleep again, through the night, as long as I want, without a baby beside me, to cry, to interrupt, to wake me up.

Someday there won't be a baby beside me anymore.

I love you, Madelaine.

Love, Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A day full of event! Wish I could come hold Madelaine for an hour or two so you could sleep. Maybe soon!

~ Jordana