Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Updating!! (From that title, you know this is going to be dull, don't you??)

GREETINGS, loyal Nebiverse fans!!

Oh, how I neglect you all. Sorry about that. Life! Life happens, you know!

Here's today's forecast in the Nebiverse:

Breakfast: Irish Cream coffee, [part of] chocolate chip muffin
Child: Happy, burbly, drooly, wearing adorable purple overalls with feet!
Christmas tree: Installed!


Today's Music: The Essential Simon and Garfunkel; anything Christmas-y
Today's Crisis: Laundry! We did not do laundry this weekend! I do not have any more clean nursing bras!! Or nursing pads! The child is almost out of clothes that fit!!
Today's Solution: Improvise! Go to 3-6 months clothing for child; Come Up With Something for myself. [Note to self: NOT a reason to skip exercising/showering routine!! Don't do it!!]
Question for moms of small children out there: what do you do with the baby while you shower? I mean, I could leave her in a Safe Place while I shower and just hope she doesn't cry for 15 minutes... (that includes dressing and undressing time, you know). I usually try to shower when Nate's around to keep an eye on her, but that's not always practical...
On today's agenda: Dust and vacuum! Clean up disastrous bedroom! mop the kitchen floor!
I am loving: Till We Have Faces
Reason I have to go now: Child's status has deteriorated to Fussy
Reason I have one more minute to upload pictures: Child's status upgraded to "Mixed Fussiness with Hints of Happiness" due to installation in Neglect-o-matic swing.



Merry Christmas, world.
Love you,
Neb

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey Neb!

I ponder the showering question each and every time I attempt at taking a shower with my 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old...and I have concluded that it was much easier to do when they couldn't walk or squirm!

To complete the necessary task of showering, install the neglect-o-matic swing/bouncy chair thing/exersaucer in the bathroom space...so you can peek out of the shower to check on the neglected one...then take your shower and say hi and peek-a-boo to convince the child it is not-in fact being neglected. :) Singing in the shower for the crying/screaming baby has been known to calm the mother/father in the shower until the shower has come to a full and complete stop. :)

Later in life, a Veggie Tales or other neglect-o-matic implementation has to be installed in a near by location to adequately "glue down" the child.

GOOD LUCK! Many prayers for you on your showering endeavors!

Love,
Becky DelCarlo