Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Neb's Birthday and Holiday Wishlist!! (Now updated!)

Greetings, Nebiverse fans!!

Okay, I have been debating about whether or not to post this for a few days now... because really, isn't it sort of horribly tacky to suggest things you'd like for your BD or Christmas?!? Because that presumes that people will actually, you know, be buying you presents. And despite the fact that various people actually DO buy me presents every year, it isn't polite to presume, is it?! But sometimes people say "I don't know what to get you!" and I want to be Helpful...? But on the other hand, what if people have already decided something they want to get me for my BD or Christmas this year (my BD is just a few days away... and not everyone thinks about birthdays at the last second like me, right?!?) And then they'll read this and think, Oh! She won't like what I got her! She wants Other Stuff! And I would feel horrible if someone thought that! SO, if you have already decided on something you want to give me this year, please! Carry on! I'M SURE I'LL LOVE IT! And if you weren't planning on getting me anything, that's *totally fine*!! I have Plenty of Stuff! I don't really need any more!

Okay, now that all the embarrassing self-deprecating stuff is out of the way, let's get down to business, shall we? Here are my suggestions...

*Neb's Wish List*

1) A couple of volumes from The Expositor's Bible Commentary series- I would like to try this series out before committing to all 12 volumes. On my Amazon Wish List I listed a couple of specific volumes, but I'd be happy with any of them (probably prefer New Testament...) Please save some money and buy these used!! Try ebay, cbd.com, amazon...

2) Some money to get a better haircut. I hate my hair right now! I'd like to go to a slightly nicer salon than I usually frequent to see if they can give me a more flattering style. Then if I get something I REALLY like, I can take pictures to show my haircut ladies in the future... GOT IT! Thanks, mom and dad.

3) A small amout of money ($20 or $25 should be plenty) to try a bit of Mary Kay... because as I get close to 30, I am thinking about maybe possibly becoming A Person Who Wears Make-up... GOT IT! Thanks, mom-and-dad-in-law!

4) Crest Whitestrips. On my Amazon.com Wish List. Maybe that seems like a silly gift, but I would REALLY enjoy a whiter smile, and it's one of those perks that you (I?) don't usually treat yourself to (just like perfume or jewelry.) This is one time I'll actually let you off the hook- you DON'T have to buy this used. ;-) Shouldn't use this while pregnant...

5) A printer. I have been wanting a printer for our computer for a LONG time now... it would just be way convenient!! A CHEAP printer. Used is fine. I just want it to work! A scanner/ copier/ printer combo would be nice, but not essential. Color would be nice, but is not necessary. Here's an exmaple of what I'm looking for:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5740961




6) A new diaper bag... there's a specific one I want...
Vera Bradley Mod Floral Blue Cargo Sling:



Now listen carefully- this bag has a retail price of $90. IF YOU PAY FULL RETAIL PRICE, MY INNER TIGHTWAD MIGHT KILL YOU. I have seen this bag for as low as $47 on Ebay. Used is fine, as long as it's in decent condition. If you want to get this for me but can't find it at a good price (ie under $50), PLEASE just give me a little cash contribution and I'll save up for it, okay? The price will probably go down within the next year, anyway, and I can certainly wait.
Found it cheap on Ebay! Thanks for the money, mom and dad!

7) The last (big-ticket) item:
http://www.becobabycarrier.com/



This is the baby carrier of my dreams... and yes, within a year Madelaine might be too heavy to carry, but we're hoping for future babies, you know!! Also if you ARE going to carry a heavy toddler, this is the way to do it. I would like the Beco Butterfly II (or 2, or 2.0, as it's sometimes called), and I really like the following patterns: Anaya, Carnival, Sara, Kayla, Nicole. Right now the cheapest you can find these is around $139- you'll see the original Butterfly model cheaper than that, but I would really like some of the newer design features from the 2.0. Again, I think the price will be going down in the next year- so I am NOT asking for anyone to buy me this- just saying if anyone wants to chip in a bit, I can save up for it and be on the lookout for it over the next year!

Okay, that's it!! Thanks for reading. I'll be asking all of YOU what's on your wishlist for this year pretty soon... or feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!

Love, Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A word of warning on the printer. Whatever you get, check the price of the cartridges for it. I have a $30 printer that takes $30 cartridges... ok if I'm not using it much, but if you want to print a lot it really adds up