Saturday, July 14, 2007

More Pictures from Houston

My trip to Houston for my cousin's wedding was a LOT of fun. I love to go back, to revisit the place I will always consider Home. It is such a deep part of who I am.

Sunday morning we visited Bridgepoint Bible Church, the new name that matches the new location of Spring Branch Community Church, the church I grew up in. The new facilities are beautiful and soaring and very contemporary... very different. It was great to see old friends. We went out to lunch at Luby's afterwards- a Houston favorite- and I ordered a Luann Platter, red jello, and chocolate cream pie, just like when I was a little kid.


On Monday my mom and I went (baby-clothes!! and souvenir) shopping at Memorial City Mall, which has been totally renovated- everything was so nice. It has an ice rink and a huge fireplace now- almost like a lodge. Tuesday we drove by our old house- looks like some landscaping is in progress- looking pretty good. :-)




Then we went to Home Depot and got some things for Vivian's patio for her birthday- the rug, table, and potted plants you see here. They MIGHT live... if she remembers to water. ;-)






We picked up Vivian at work and drove to Galveston- I hadn't been there in such a long time. We went shopping on the Strand (fun little strip of shops selling things like seashell necklaces and ice cream).





Plans were to eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe and then go to the beach, but the wait at the restaurant was over an hour, so we went across the street to the beach while we waited. The water was cool and wonderful.






























The food at Rainforest Cafe was excellent (once we finally got in...), and Vivian insisted on ordering a "volcano" for us to split- enormous concoction of brownies, ice cream, fudge, caramel, etc. The three of us didn't quite finish it, but I must say I did quite a bit more than my fair share, no doubt contributing to my impressive 4.5 lb weight gain this week!! (Well, that, and the 3 kinds of Blue Bell ice cream, and the birthday cake, and the two wedding cakes... yeah...)











Wednesday was Vivian's 29th birthday, so friends came over- Kelly, Alicia, Katie, and Courtney. My mom and I made brunch for everyone- strawberry pancakes, two kinds of eggs, bacon, and watermelon- and later we ate the tasty looking cake below (which my mom decorated- I'm lucky if I can just get frosting on).














Late Wednesday night my mom and I flew back to Baltimore. The view of the sunset from the plane was spectacular.








Love, Neb

No comments: