Monday, May 09, 2005

100 Things I Love

This is a variation on the "100 things about me" section of all the (all=2) other blogs I've visited. And after writing this I realize, a good majority of the list is Books, Movies, Music, and Art, which should perhaps have belonged in neat little categories in my Profile, instead? I think an interesting challenge would be to write a List like this that DOESN'T include anything in the categories above. Anyone want to give it a try?

Anyway, for what it's worth, Enjoy. :-)

1) Wildflowers
2) Celtic music
3) Mountains
4) The Chronicles of Narnia
5) Hot bubble baths with candles burning
6) Hazlenut coffee
7) Wind chimes
8) Group theory and the Sylow theorems
9) Quilting fabric
10) April in Houston
11) Library books (especially interlibrary loan)
12) Velvety patchwork skirts that Twirl
13) Breezes from off the Gulf of Mexico
14) Downtown Chicago
15) the Metra trains
16) drinking cold water
17) Snow days (i.e., when school is closed)
18) explaining the Central Limit Theorem and Hypothesis Testing to community college students
19) visiting and talking with friends over coffee, or on the phone
20) the international music section at Borders (especially headphones and samples)
21) Zoloft, when needed
22) cake, doughnuts, ice cream, cookies, and all other manner of sweets
23) my factoring handout
24) U2
25) Endorphins
26) reading on my patio when there are no Bees
27) Chaim Potok
28) shopping for baby clothes
29) gratuituous smiley faces :-)
30) passionate Sunday afternoon sex (followed by bubble baths; see above)
31) Rich Mullins (when in the right mood to handle it)
32) creative outbursts that rise above the confines of everyday life
33) "Life is Beautiful"
34) pondering Graph Theory questions I'll never be able to answer
35) writing until your fingers say exactly what's in your heart
36) ice skating
37) the park next to our apartment complex
38) amazon.com and ebay
39) homeschooling (as an Idea, apart from all the practical Problems and Limitations thereof)
40) Balderdash
41) speaking bad Spanish to our local Puerto Rican community
42) tulips, roses, mums, ivy, and lillies
43) Volvo station wagons
44) my blue hooded sweatshirt
45) Third Day
46) thrift stores, Aldi, and Walmart
47) exciting underwear
48) the ocean (viewed best while wearing sunscreen)
49) pictures of our family in meadows in Virginia with deer when I was 11
50) tricksy integrals
51) merry-go-rounds
52) my Story (the one I'm meant to Write before I die)
53) Picasso
54) JD Salinger
55) wrapping paper and ribbons
56) rocking chairs
57) dreaming about having babies
58) the Folk/Celtic music hour on our local NPR station
59) Ladysmith Black Mazambo and Alan Paton
60) Gilmore Girls and ER
61) Worldwide Message Tribe
62) Mere Christianity
63) spaghetti (with cheese and garlic)
64) our church
65) Group presentations and free groups
66) love letters
67) Saturday mornings
68) my mom's caramel frosting
69) Rice University
70) cape cod houses with dormer windows and flower boxes
71) the name "Madelaine"
72) dancing at Eileen Ivers concerts
73) ice cream from the Stupe
74) Monet's hay stacks
75) Making my husband Happy
76) Aaron Copland
77) Frank Lloyd Wright
78) Riverdance and Lord of the Dance
79) "The Bird" by Brancusi
80) White chocolate mocha at Starbucks
81) starting a new craft project before you know how difficult it will be
82) the end of Ulysses
83) the little secret quiet reading room at the Glen Ellyn Public Library
84) at Wheaton: Dr. Walford, Dr. Thomas, Dr. Wood, Dr. Isihara and the rest of the Math Dept.
85) trees that flower, like dogwood
86) Dave Matthews Band
87) folk festivals
88) Designing my own floorplans
89) wedding pictures
90) my house in Houston
91) bagels with exciting cream cheese
92) Run Lola Run
93) Watership Down
94) Kissing
95) Naps
96) emails with Good News
97) getting ideas for my Blog
98) flannel pajama pants
99) making long, semi-pointless lists
100) hoping that my friends will enjoy them :-)