Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Late-night PBS and mathematical anathema

I don't have much to write because I've mainly been doing Math Problems, and I think talking too much about the math problems would make me sound quite Geeky. (Oh wait- it's too late for that already, right?)

I spent a good part of last night working on the kind of matrix index notation proofs that make me want to say A Lot of Really Bad Words All in a Row. (But I didn't, mind you.) I had forgotten how Frustrating math can be.

On the Late Late show on PBS (the one with the nice, liberal Black gentleman), they interviewed Anne Lamott. She may have written a good book about writing, but honestly, the woman is a FRUIT. (She's from Northern California, so what can we expect?) (I am sure Northern CA is a Lovely Place filled with Charming People of all sorts, but, you know, there are some Fruits, too.)
Anyway, she told us a lot about what a happy flaming liberal activist she is- she likes to get arrested a lot, apparently- and then she brought Jesus into it! She mourned about how she just CAN'T figure out why the right wing thinks "Jesus wants us to all be armed" or "Jesus wants to stop [gay ] people from loving each other"; after all, didn't Jesus just say to feed the poor?!? Jesus just wants us to feed the poor! Now go back to your lesbian-loving-abortion-filled-activist homes and do so.

Didn't CS Lewis say something about "Christianity-and-water"?

PS In my surfing to find "Christianity-and-water" I inadvertantly browsed away from this page and lost the text. Hurrah for the 'recover post' button! It really works!! :-)