Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Catching up, Reloaded

When I started typing "catching up" as the title of today's entry, auto-complete completed it for me, which is proof that I am, indeed, Repeating Myself. (i.e., entry on May 1st was titled the same.) Anyhow I've done the right thing by sequelizing the title with "Reloaded," yes? It's better than other suffixations I can recall, such as "Dumberer" or the ever-so-boring "II."

Speaking of sequels... or should I say prequels...? Well, we and another 1/5 of America went to see Episode III Friday night. Poor Anakin! He really had a rough time of it, you know? I mean, I can't think of anything much worse than getting three of your limbs hacked off, having all your flesh burn away, and then finding out you've phychoemotionally choked to death the woman you wanted to save. (I don't want to hear any complaints that I've spoiled the plot for anyone. If you haven't seen it by now, you aren't enough of a Star Wars fan to care, anyway. ;-)) Speaking of plot spoiling... I just can't resist blurting this out, you'll have to forgive me... you guys won't believe this, but, in the end, um... Anakin converts to the Dark Side!!! Yes!! Yes he really does!!!

I can't wait to see Episode 4!! When is it coming out, Christmas maybe?

The only thing that made the movie less enjoyable was a row of pre-adolecent boys sitting behind us who seemed to be having a contest entitled Let's Make as Much Noise as Possible!!

Object of the game: tick off as many surrounding patrons as possible. First one expelled by management wins.

Materials available: Mouths, Popcorn buckets, Shoes, Metal seat-backs, Pre-adolecent creativity.

Rules: Make as much noise as possible. Over- or Under-doses of Ritalin are permitted. Bodily noises are permitted. Fake bodily noises made with armpits and mouths are permitted. Drum solos on the backs of aforementioned metal chairs are permitted. Also, while you're at it, why not run down the steps every 3.2 minutes to check and see if mom is waiting with the minivan outside yet.

What can I say? We survived their worst. This part of the "episode" (hee hee hee) didn't make me too thrilled to receive this yahoo news story from my sister shortly thereafter (summary for those who don't want to click the link: moms and dads with "boy" jobs like engineering are more likely to have boys, while those with "girl" jobs like nursing are more likely to have girls.) AND I QUOTE:

"Kanazawa predicted that a physicist and a mathematician would be the most likely pairing to produce a boy, while a therapist and a chat show host would be odds-on favourites for a daughter."

There's no hope. :-( I mean I want boys, but I want girls too. I want 3 boys and 2 girls. God, and while you're at it, how about a German shepherd on the side.