Sunday, May 08, 2005

Chruch

This morning at church, Becky said "You look tired."

Once in while I forget that "normal people" don't sleep 11 hours a night, take supplementary naps a few times a week, and still feel (and look?) tired most of the time. And most of the time it doesn't bother me, except that I realize I could Accomplish More if I didn't spend half my life sleeping. I could read more books, work more math problems, help other people more...? I also tend to compare myself to other people. The fact of the matter is, right now I don't have children and only work part-time. I don't know anybody else in that situation; most of my friends my age have at least one (and often multiple) children, and some work part- or even full-time. I can cope with my life right now, but perhaps that's only because I have the freedom to sleep 11 hours a night and take naps when I need to.

How will I function when the baby's born? (That's "someday," for any of you out there who don't know that I'm Not Pregnant but often talk as if I am.)

PS Okay I just realized that this post will look rather Odd juxtaposed with the last post. Really, I don't drink coffee late at night EVERY night, contributing to poor sleep habits. Really I don't.