Monday, May 28, 2007

25 5/7 weeks

Well, I'm rather late with this one, aren't I am I not? But I should at least report that as of last Wednesday I weighed 151.2 and that I am apparently growing very quickly (according to my mom, who saw me last Monday at graduation and exclaimed on Friday [several times] how much bigger I am now.) Not being in school anymore= increased food intake. I realized my eating falls into three categories: I eat certain things because I'm hungry (ie, morning bagel and cup of coffee); then I eat other things because they're healthy (banana, salad); then I eat OTHER things because they taste good (pudding cups, pizza.) So I think I'm eating about three times as much food as I need. Ideally I could just eat the healthy stuff when I'm hungry, but, oh well. I guess I won't worry about it too much unless I significantly cross the pink line in the chart...

In other exciting news, we have ordered this:
So assuming it gets here sometime this week, this blog might be graced with an absurd number of pictures of things like our bathroom. And my toes. You never know what I might photograph. (Ideally I'll get set up on Flickr or Photobucket or something so that you can safely visit this blog without being bombarded.) Have I mentioned how grateful I am to have a husband who Knows Things about photography? If it weren't for him I would still be trying to pick a digital camera when Madelaine is 18...

[I just spilled coffee on Teresa's white maternity shirt!! Auuggh!! The white shirt that I love and want to continue wearing and then return to her in perfect spotless condition! But I Zout-ed and rinsed in cold water immediately and it looks good...? Sometimes it seems like half the battle of life is getting coffee stains out of white shirts... When I am a mom will my stain removal instincts suddenly kick in? I sure hope so because otherwise we're doomed.]

Saturday morning was my brother's high school graduation in Gettysburg- complete with banjo music! And Lincoln impersonator! Yeah! It was pretty sweet. Rock on, homeschoolers. We went down to Maryland afterwards and hung out with my family for awhile (after a quick stop to see Nate's favorite spots on the battlefields- what beautiful scenery. What a shame about the loss of lives.) Last night Chris invited several of his ultra-geek tech friends over for an event known as a "Lan party," which seemed to consist of 6 enormous computers (when I say "enormous computer," that means the screen is big) and a huge pile of junk food and soda in the middle of the floor. Whatever makes him happy...? We got home late last night, around 12:30, and after sleeping in this morning we're on our way to Nate's dad's house to eat meat and watch movies.

It's almost June! I'll be 6 months pregnant on Wednesday! The hot weather is settling in, I think! Another OB appointment tomorrow! Gestational diabetes test soon! Camp in a few weeks! More later!

Love,
Neb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's OK to post pics on your blog, just *please* remember to reduce the image size first! Otherwise the pics come out HUGE and it takes forever to load.