Friday, May 04, 2007

Money talk

I am so happy because I just got an email from LCCC with my tutoring schedule for the summer: Mondays and Thursdays, 9-2:30 and 3-5, which comes out to 15 hours a week. This is great!! Hopefully Nate can go into school the other 3 days a week, and/or go Mon. and Thurs. evenings if he needs to get stuff done.

I would like to make around $4700 gross this summer, which will likely (after taxes) come out to a little less than what I've been making as a grad student, but still not too bad. So the Plan is:

1) LCCC: 14 weeks tutoringX15 hrs/week X $11/hr= $2310 OR
(new pay rate because I now have MS? not sure about this): 14 weeks tutoringX15 hrs/weekX$13/hr= $2730

2) Grading papers for a course at Lehigh for 6 weeks (should be easy- the class are small, like no more than 20): $925 (I think)

3) Private tutoring (goal- I don't have anything lined up yet): 49 hoursX$30/hr=$1470 OR (if LCCC pays at the higher rate) 35 hoursX$30/hr=$1050.

Overall it seems like a pretty easy way to make a living. I guess I should work on finding some private tutoring students, huh? My Inner Accountant is happy.

Neb

No comments: