Saturday, May 19, 2007

Weekend

Today's Nebiverse Forecast:

Breakfast: Cinammon toast with butter (mmm. butter. made from milk=full of calcium=Good for the Baby ;-)), coffee

On the radar today:

1) It's a beautiful day! Time to "exercise" again.
2) Need new athletic shoes...? I truly do but I hate to spend the money at this point.
3) Sort through Ginormous Bag of Fantastic Maternity Clothes from Teresa (yay!!)
4) Clean up this dump of an apartment before my parents get here tomorrow night.
5) Let's buy a digital camera! Let's do it Today! (Have I blogged about this before? Can't remember.) I've been thinking about this one for awhile- going digital just makes sense when you have poor photography skills like me and don't want to pay for all the bad photos you take. Plus it would be so much easier to post pictures of the baby every day next year on this blog. :-) (Yes, every day. Consider yourself warned.) The reason I haven't gotten one before now is that technology purchases always overwhelm me. I am always paranoid that whatever I get will be the wrong thing, or outdated too quickly, or too hard to use, or too easily broken, etc etc. Plus we rarely buy anything as expensive as a digital camera so to us it's a big deal. My usual strategy has been to defer such questions to Nate, but every time he starts looking at digital cameras he ends up looking at the Big Person Real Cameras with Film and Lots of Lenses and Parts that Cost Hundreds of Dollars, which is what HE really wants. (He acknowledges the practicality of a digital model for me to use but I think gets discouraged looking at what's available in our price range.) And even if we were settled on a certain brand/model, there are just TOO MANY choices today for how to go about making such a purchase: new in a store (we have so many stores close to us)? Ebay? Craigslist? Other used sources? Like I said, overwhelming. Fortunately the overwhelmingness of such things usually prevents me from buying Big-Ticket items. But it makes it hard when it's time to actually do it.

6) It's our 6th Anniversary! To celebrate, I am tentatively planning on taking my husband on a Hott Date to see this:

and then out to dinner here:


for some enormous slabs of red meat. Because, indeed, how can you celebrate a 6th anniversary properly without enormous slabs of red meat?

Then, we will come home and get ready for some Hott Pregnancy Post-Date Anniversary Action!*

*This means we will sit on the sofa together for five minutes flirting and fake-propositioning each other, pretending that we are preparing for some Hott Pregnancy Post-Date Action, and then either someone will fall asleep on the sofa and start snoring gently while the other one watches PBS and wonders why we don't have cable, or the other one will fall asleep in The Big Bed while the other [other] one thinks about something related to Fortran and abstruse sciency-things.

I am sort of thinking right now: 1) Should I make some kind of Special Dessert for tonight, for after the restaurant? 2) How about a card/love letter/small present? The Boy has been sick with a cold the past couple of days and hasn't gotten a chance to get me anything so maybe we should just do dinner and a movie and leave it at that...

This week's long-term forecast:

To think about: private tutoring! Yes! Remember that post earlier when I calculated income for the summer? I conveniently failed to consider the 4 days I'm taking off this summer and Memorial Day, which brings the LCCC total down to $1890. (Sorry, sorry for the money talk! It's my blog, though! It's like my thinking pad, sort of. You can skip reading this if offended.) (I found out the MS rate at LCCC is $12, not $13.) Anyway so I REALLY need to think about either private tutoring or getting another part-time job, but since I'm going away for two weeks this summer (camp and my cousin's wedding in Houston), the private tutoring thing would probably be more practical. Right now I'm thinking: PR and Kaplan charge an absolute arm and a leg for private tutoring; can't I somehow market something similar that's much cheaper? The key is, finding good, non-flaky families who are ready to spend a lot of money on test prep and committed to making their kids do homework for it. Hmmm...

Alright, should go do things now...
Love, NEB

No comments: